Bayliss Public Library photographs
Scope and Contents
This collection contains photographs of ships, the building of the Soo Locks, and the James Rutherford cyanotype photograph collection showing early views of Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. The photographs date from as early as 1854 and as late as 1976, with the bulk of the photographs dating from 1880 to 1920.
The physical collection is maintained by the Bayliss Public Library in Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan, and the digital version was originally part of the Superiorland Library Cooperative's Upper Peninsula Regional Digitization Center.
- 1854 - 1976
- Majority of material found within 1880 - 1920
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
This collection has mixed copyright status. Photographs taken before 1964 have no copyright (http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/). Photographs taken after 1964 are in copyright (http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/InC/1.0/).
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
The original records are held by the Bayliss Public Library. They can be contacted at (906) 632-9331 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View This Collection Online
This collection is part of UPLINK, the Upper Peninsula Digital Network. You can see it on the UPLINK website here.
- Locks (Hydraulic engineering) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sault Sainte Marie (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Shipping. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bayliss Public Library photographs
- Annika Peterson
- 23 May 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Superiorland Library Cooperative Repository
1615 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette MI 49855