Houghton County Railroads collection
Scope and Contents
This collection contains photographs, pamphlets, newspaper articles, and other documents from railroads in Houghton County, Michigan, including the Copper Range Railroad, the Mineral Range Railroad, the Soo Line Railroad, and the Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railroad. The materials date from 1863 to 1948.
- 1863 - 1948
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
No copyright (http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/)
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
The original records are held by the Houghton County Historical Society. They can be contacted at (906) 296-4121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
View This Collection Online
This collection is part of UPLINK, the Upper Peninsula Digital Network. You can see it on the UPLINK website here.
- Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railroad Company
- Duluth, South Shore, and Atlantic Railway Company
- Houghton County (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mineral Range Railroad Company
- Railroads. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soo Line Railroad Company
- Transportation. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Houghton County Railroads collection
- Annika Peterson
- 17 June 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Superiorland Library Cooperative Repository
1615 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette MI 49855