Sally May Interview (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection)
- May, Sally (Interviewee, Person)
Sally provides a clear chronological order of events that lead to the establishment of The Women's Center in Marquette, Michigan. She talks about her time as the director after Holly Greer's tenure, specifically the kinds of challenges she faced while trying to find a new building for the center and financial struggles. She compares The Women's Center with how it was when it was first founded to how it is currently. Recorded at Jane Ryan's home in Marquette, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish MSS-302_01, Sally May Interview (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection) must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 video file (47 minutes, 19 seconds))
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-302, Women's Center Oral History Collection.
Accessible via YouTube.
- Feminism. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Streaming video. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women's Center (Marquette, Mich.)