Matt Wiese Interview (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection)
- Digitized: 2015-06
- Wiese, Matt (Interviewee, Person)
- Ryan, Jane (Interviewer, Person)
Warning: This interview describes scenes of domestic violence. Matt is currently serving as the prosecuting attorney of Marquette County, Michigan. During the 1980s, Matt came to Marquette, Michigan to attend school at Northern Michigan University. He graduated with a major in political science and then went on to law school where he was introduced to issues of women’s inequality. After graduating from law school, Matt was hired by Gary Walker to be an assistant prosecuting attorney at the Marquette Country office. Matt discusses how he worked to advance the legal system so that victims of domestic violence were kept safe from their abusers. Recorded at Jane Ryan’s home in Marquette, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish MSS-302_25, Matt Wiese Interview (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection), must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 video file (52 minutes, 28 seconds))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-302, Women's Center Oral History Collection
Accessible via YouTube.
- Family violence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Feminism. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lawyers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Streaming video. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women's Center (Marquette, Mich.)
Part of the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives Repository
Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette 49855 United States