Gail Nelson Interview (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection)
Identifier: MSS-302_23_Gail Nelson
- Digitized: 2015-08-04
- Nelson, Gail (Interviewee, Person)
Gail served in many different positions within The Women’s Center during her time with the organization. She started out as a facilities manager at the Harbor House and over time she became the executive director of the center. She was a part of a team that successfully secured a grant of 1.5 million from the CDC for The Women’s Center. The grant allowed the center to establish a coordinated community response team, child therapy programs, and teen programs. Recorded at Jane Ryan’s home in Marquette, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish MSS-302_23, Gail Nelson Interview (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection), must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 video file (36 minutes, 4 seconds))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-302, Women's Center Oral History Collection
Accessible via YouTube.
- Feminism. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Streaming video. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women's Center (Marquette, Mich.)
- Women's shelters. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings