Irma Fleury Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project)
- Fleury, Irma (Interviewee, Person)
With the help of a friend named Edith, Fleury gives details of her parents and memories of the town while growing up. This includes interesting side notes like butchering pigs and diseases like diphtheria. Also interesting, is the fact she refers to the town as New Swanzy instead of Gwinn, as it is now known. Interview conducted by Rick Filizetti. Recorded at Gwinn, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish Irma Fleury Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project), must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 sound file (84 min.))
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-202, Italian American Oral History Project
- Gwinn (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Streaming audio. Subject Source: Local sources
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings