George Simondi Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project)
- Simondi, George (Interviewee, Person)
Simondi grew up in Italy and served in the Army there. He came to the States via Canada to meet up with his father, who was already here. It was the first time he saw his father. He gives his impressions of the country and learning English. He worked as a miner and at the local hospital. One of the local clubs was the Italian Druids. He also talks about his two wives and other well-known Italian families in the area such as the Barasas and Markettys. In World War II, he joined the American military. Recorded at Negaunee, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish George Simondi Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project), must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 sound file (87 min.))
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-202, Italian American Oral History Project
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Negaunee (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Streaming audio. Subject Source: Local sources
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings