Peter Varda Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project)
- Varda, Peter (Interviewee, Person)
Varda speaks about his father, who was the first in his family to come to the United States, and his work in a Houghton, Michigan mine, until there was a fire and all the men were laid off. After that, he worked with cattle and as a logger. He shares information about growing up in a working family and how he contributed. He talks about his family still in Italy, World War I (his brothers served), school and his father's car, one of the first automobiles in the area. Recorded at Kingsford, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish Peter Varda Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project), must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 sound file (62 min.) )
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-202, Italian American Oral History Project
- Houghton (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kingsford (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Streaming audio. Subject Source: Local sources