Filomena Giorgetti Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project)
- Giorgetti, Filomena (Interviewee, Person)
Giorgetti talks about living on a farm in Italy and traveling to Ellis Island with her family. She gives her thoughts on Italy as compared to the United States and speaks on other immigrants from Italy in the area. A large part of the interview is about the macaroni factory begun by her husband, including what they made and the people who worked there. Recorded at Hancock, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish Filomena Giorgetti Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project), must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 sound file (63 min.))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-202, Italian American Oral History Project
- Hancock (Mich.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Streaming audio. Subject Source: Local sources
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings