Carlo and Mary Caliaro Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project)
- Caliaro, Carlo (Interviewee, Person)
Carlo speaks about coming to the United States after World War I and starting a business. Other topics discussed by the Caliaros are various return trips to Italy, becoming American citizens and learning English. During Prohibition, they made and sold wine and moonshine. On Tape 2, they discuss other Italians in the town and how Hermansville is dying. Russell Magnaghi conducted the interview. Recorded at Hermansville, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish Carlo and Mary Caliaro Interview (Part of the Italian American Oral History Project), must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 sound file (77 min.))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-202, Italian American Oral History Project
- Hermansville (Mich.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Streaming audio. Subject Source: Local sources
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings