Becky Beauchamp Interview (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection)
Identifier: MSS-302_26_Becky Beauchamp
- Beauchamp, Becky (Interviewee, Person)
Warning: This interview describes scenes of sexual assault. Becky was an undergraduate student at Northern Michigan University in 1975. She got involved with The Women’s Center after she became a victim of a serial rapist that terrorized Marquette County at the time. She worked with many different organization within the community to raise awareness of sexual assault and to help other victims. Additionally, she served on the fundraising board after Northern Michigan University stopped funding The Women’s Center. Recorded at Jane Ryan’s home in Marquette, Michigan.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish MSS-302_26, Becky Beauchamp Interview (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection), must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 video file (24 minutes, 5 seconds))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-302, Women's Center Oral History Collection
Accessible via YouTube.
- Feminism. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rape survivors. Subject Source: Local sources
- Streaming video. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women's Center (Marquette, Mich.)