Gail Griffith Interview Transcript (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection)
- Griffith, Gail (Interviewee, Person)
Gail served as the interim director of The Women's Center in Marquette, Michigan before Holly Greer was chosen as director. Gail is one of the founding mothers of The Women's Center. Gail was a faculty member at Northern Michigan University when she helped establish The Women's Center, so she talks about how NMU supported The Women's Center and how exactly the university was involved. She discusses her life, career, and involvement in the Marquette Women’s Center. Gail moved to Marquette after earning a PhD in Chemistry from Michigan State University in the early 1960’s. She worked as an adjunct professor at Northern Michigan University for a number of years before becoming a tenured professor and ultimately retiring in 1989. As an advocate for women’s equality, Gail was a founding mother of the Women’s Center of Marquette and remained on its board through its departure from university affiliation. Among her roles at the Women’s Center, Gail served as the first interim director.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the Gail Griffith Transcript (Part of the Women's Center Oral History Collection), must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (5 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
MSS-302, Women's Center Oral History Collection
- Feminism. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women's Center (Marquette, Mich.)