Annti Jaar Virta Interview Transcript
Annti Jaar Virta discusses his life and career in Finland and in the Upper Peninsula’s Copper Country. Annti began his career in metal research as a lab technician in Finland before emigrating and continuing his research in New Jersey for the American Climax Company. Later, Annti moved to the Upper Peninsula and continued his work for notable ore mining companies including the White Pine Mine, Calumet and Hecla, and the Cleveland Cliffs Iron Mining Company under the direction of Tsu-Ming Han. Annti is the last living technician to have worked with Tsu-Ming Han, and during the course of the interview he explains what working for CCI and Tsu-Ming Han was like.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the Annti Jaar Virta Interview Transcript must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (16 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
- Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company
- Finland. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Han, Tsu-Ming
- Iron mines and mining. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Keweenaw Peninsula (Mich.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings