Dylan Steslicki Interview Transcript
Dylan Steslicki, one of the captains for Northern Michigan University’s Ultimate Frisbee Club, starts the interview explaining just how he got into Ultimate Frisbee and the long journey that put him on NMU’s Frisbee team. He goes on to describe the growth of the club through the years that he has been involved, from a small team only capable of fielding a mixed men’s/women’s team to a club fielding both men’s and women’s teams. After a description of Ultimate Frisbee and its organization at the college level, Mr. Steslicki explains what he wants to do in Ultimate Frisbee, both personally and for the club. Steslicki explains the draw of Ultimate Frisbee, especially for those high school athletes who wish to continue competing. He also describes the nature of the community around the sport. After a brief explanation of the growth of the sport, Steslicki touches on the potential injuries that can occur. Finally, the interview closes on an organizational note. Steslicki outlines his hope that he will be able to keep participation up during practices this winter.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the Dylan Steslicki Interview Transcript must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (8 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
- Athletics. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. Subject Source: Local sources
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ultimate (Game) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings