George Helfinstine Interview Transcript
George Helfinstine is interviewed by John D. Wrathall about his role in trying to bring collective bargaining to Northern Michigan University. He speaks on his feelings about the American Association of University Professors versus Michigan Education Association representing NMU's faculty, some of the challenges they faced doing this in the 1970s, and the effect the McClellan affair had on this process.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the George Helfinstine Interview Transcript must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (10 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
3302-01, Northern Michigan University and Area Audio Collection
- American Association of University Professors. Northern Michigan University Chapter
- Collective bargaining. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor unions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- McClellan, Robert F.
- Michigan Education Association
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings