George Windsand Interview Transcript
George Windsand, an Ishpeming native, shares stories from growing up in Ishpeming in the 1930s. Some of his stories include: the first car that was driven in Ishpeming, radios and how much they changed life, the many adventures at the local airport, the effects of World War II on the town, and his mining experience for Cleveland Cliffs Mining Company. In addition to childhood stories, George also goes into detail about being a businessman and the business environment post-World War Two. George also adds some stories from his time overseas in Norway, where his mother was from.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the George Windsand Interview Transcript must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (49 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
3302-01, Northern Michigan University and Area Audio Collection
- Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company
- Iron mines and mining. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ishpeming (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Norwegian Americans. Subject Source: Fast
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings