Joe Perrault Interview Transcript
Joe Perrault describes coming into skiing at a young age, the Flying Bietilas, living in the Cleveland area of Ishpeming, his first ski tournament, skiing in the 1948 and 1952 Olympics, Ripley Ski Jump, 10th Mountain Division experience, his proudest accomplishments: setting the American record in Iron Mountain in 1949 and placing 15th at the 1952 Winter Olympics, taking a bad fall in 1958, and the Ishpeming Ski Club. He also gives advice to young skiers.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the Joe Perrault Interview Transcript must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (11 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
3302-01, Northern Michigan University and Area Audio Collection
- Bietila, Paul
- Bietila, Ralph
- Bietila, Walter
- Ishpeming (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski jumping. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings