Jon Saari (2001) Interview Transcript
Jon Saari, a Northern Michigan University History professor was another active supporter of the creation of the American Association of University Professors chapter on campus. Saari begins by describing the difference between the Michigan Education Association union and the AAUP and how he and others felt the AAUP better represented the NMU's faculty goals. He and others felt that the university was not being run properly and that the values of the AAUP union would help change the direction the universtiy was going. He also describes a number of poltical events that occured that solidified the formation of the union and how that changed the university as a whole.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the Jon Saari (2011) Interview Transcript must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (18 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
- American Association of University Professors. Northern Michigan University Chapter
- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor unions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Michigan Education Association
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings