Leonardo Beiler Interview Transcript
Leonardo Beiler discusses his life before and after immigrating to the United States. Topics include his family and educational background in Brazil, exchange student experience at East Kentwood High School in Kentwood, Michigan, the actual process of how he came to the United States, his working experiences, the advantage of getting into US as a student, the difficulties of getting a visa, unique social problems that he has noticed in the US, the naturalization process, suggestions for someone who wants to become a citizen, differences between Brazil and the U.S in terms of economy and education, his gratitude to the American government for the benefits he has received, and the "double-sidedness" of allowing immigration in the U.S.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the Leonardo Beiler Interview Transcript must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (16 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
3302-01, Northern Michigan University and Area Audio Collection
- Brazil Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Emigration and immigration. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kentwood (Mich.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings