Melissa Hearn Interview Transcript
Melissa Hearn discusses growing up in Oklahoma and her education there. She earned a BA, MA, and PhD at the University of Oklahoma. She talks about the origins of her Native American Literature class at the University of Louisiana and coming to Northern Michigan University in 1988. She also describes the origins of the Native American Studies minor and Ojibwa language courses.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the Melissa Hearn Interview Transcript must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (14 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
3302-01, Northern Michigan University and Area Audio Collection
- Native American studies. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Oklahoma Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings