Shirley McKasy Interview Transcript
Shirley McKasy, a Northern Michigan University alumna, discusses her experience going through the substance abuse counseling program at NMU as a Native American in the 1980s. Shirley also shares her thoughts on Native Americans and substance abuse and what she thinks will be the future of counseling.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish the Shirley McKasy Interview Transcript must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 item (1 text file (9 pages))
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
3302-01, Northern Michigan University and Area Audio Collection
- Counseling. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan administration. Subject Source: Local sources
- Oral histories (document genres). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transcripts. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings