William H. Rigby papers
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains papers that document the development of William Rigby's article "Space Age Research in the Ceramics Laboratory," subsequently published in the Industrial Arts and Vocational Education magazine in 1970. Records include manuscripts, journal articles, photographs, and correspondence related to the article's publication.
- Rigby, William H. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the William H Rigby papers, MSS-033, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
William H. Rigby received his A.S. degree in Electronics from Orange County Community College in 1964, his B.S. in Industrial Education from SUNY at Oswego in 1967, his M.S. in Industrial Education from Ball State University in 1968, and his Ed.D. in Industrial Education from the University of Northern Colorado in 1972. He joined the faculty of Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan in 1969, serving as the department head of the Technology and Occupational Sciences Department and, beginning in 2001, as the associate dean of NMU's College of Technology and Applied Sciences.
Language of Materials
- Ceramics. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teachers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teaching. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Journals (periodicals). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Manuscripts (document genre). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- William H. Rigby papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note