Fillmore C.F. Earney papers
Scope and Contents Note
This collection is comprised of some of the professional publications of Dr. Fillmore C.F. Earney. The collection's focus is on mining and mineral resources. Of particular note is the report entitled "Marquette County Growth Impact Study (1975)." This report examines the impact of mining operations by the Cleveland Cliffs Iron Mining Company on the population and economic growth of Marquette County.
- Earney, Fillmore C.F. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Fillmore C F Earney papers, MSS-186, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Dr. Fillmore C.F. Earney, born in 1931, was a Professor of Geography at Northern Michigan University (NMU) from 1966 to 1996 and specialized in the geography of mining and mineral resources. Upon retirement in 1996, Dr. Earney relocated to Brookings, Oregon. Dr. Earney was honored for his teaching influence when a former student, Dr. Frederick "Fritz" Nelson, endowed a scholarship in Dr. Earney's name at NMU in 2003.
.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged into four series: Course Materials, Newsletters, Publications, and Reports. All publications and reports are by Fillmore C.F. Earney. The files within each series are arranged alphabetically.
- Cleveland-Cliffs Iron Company
- College teachers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Economic development. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Geography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iron mines and mining. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette Iron Range (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Geography, Earth Science, and Conservation
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Politics and government. Subject Source: Fast
- Publications (document genre). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fillmore C.F. Earney papers
- Annika Peterson
- 24 August 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note