Jeannette S. Bowden papers
Collection — Box: 26-03-05
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains newspaper clippings, correspondence, and photographs that document Jeannette Bowden's receipt of the Northern Michigan University (NMU) Distinguished Alumni Award (1971) and her retirement in 1980. Most of the correspondence is laudatory and congratulatory in content and tone. The collection contains very little substantive material documenting her career at NMU. The collection also contains a transcript of a speech given by Bowden in 1965 that summarizes her work experiences in the University President's office. The collection's materials range in date from 1936 to 2005.
- 1936 - 2005
- Bowden , Jeannette S. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Jeannette S. Bowden papers, MSS-095, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Jeannette S. Bowden graduated from Northern State Teacher's College (now Northern Michigan University) in Marquette, Michigan in 1936. She worked as a student assistant in the office of the President and continued as a permanent staff member after graduation. In 1974, Bowden was made executive assistant to the President and continued in this position until her retirement in 1980. She died in Marquette at the age of 92 in 2002.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Separated Materials note
Photographs were separated and moved to location 5-2-3. Please see the archives staff for help accessing these materials.
- Administrative assistants. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bowden , Jeannette S.
- College presidents. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Harden, Edgar L.
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Newspapers. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan College of Education.
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan College.
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University Distinguished Alumni Award. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University. President
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.).
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Speeches (documents). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Jeannette S. Bowden papers
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description