St. Louis the King Catholic Church presentation
Collection — Box: 15-05-02
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains a slide presentation of photographs and text that outlines the history of the St. Louis the King Catholic Parish in Harvey, Michigan from 1955 to 2005. The presentation was created in 2005 and is stored on two CD-R discs.
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the St. Louis the King Catholic Church presentation, MSS-128, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
St. Louis the King Catholic Church was formed in 1954 in Harvey, Michigan, just south of Marquette. After a groundbreaking ceremony for the first church structure in 1955, the congregation grew to nearly 700 families by 1999. A new church structure was opened in 2000, including a gathering space, sanctuary with increased seating, office space, basement, and meeting rooms. The original church building became the church social hall. The church operates the Annual Chocolay Summerfest, contributes to the local parish school system, and has had six pastors since its inception.
Language of Materials
- Catholic Church. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harvey (Mich.). Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Presentations (communicative events). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- St. Louis the King Catholic Church (Chocolay Township, Mich.)
- St. Louis the King Catholic Church presentation
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note