Lynn H. Halverson papers
Collection — Box: 08-05-02
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains materials from Lynn Halverson's personal and professional life. The largest portion of the collection is his publications, followed by syllabi for several courses. There are also personal and childhood pictures as well as such personal items as his wedding certificate. The single folder of correspondence contains some letters related to his position as Lake Independence Campers' Association President, which including writing a letter to and briefly meeting Henry Ford, and some letters concerning a geography department scholarship.
- Halverson, Lynn Harvey (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Lynn H Halverson papers, MSS-144, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Lynn Harvey Halverson was a native of Madison, Wisconsin. He graduated from the Oshkosh State Teachers College in 1917 and later obtained a bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees from the University of Wisconsin. Halverson joined the faculty at Northern State Teacher's College (now Northern Michigan University) in Marquette, Michigan in 1930. During his career at Northern, he was the chairman of the Department of Geography, Earth Science, and Conservation. Halverson retired in 1962 and died in 1973.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
- College teachers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teaching. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Geography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan College of Education.
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan College.
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Geography, Earth Science, and Conservation
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Lynn H. Halverson papers
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note