Transcendental Club records
Scope and Contents note
This collection includes memorandums sent to Transcendental Club members that outline the date, location, and topic of upcoming meetings. The bulk of the collection consists of photocopies of articles used for background reading material. Some of the articles have highlights and/or notes attached. The materials are from meetings of the Transcendental Club that happened between 1993 and 1997.
- Northern Michigan University. Transcendental Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Transcendental Club records, MSS-183, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
The Transcendental Club at Northern Michigan University first met on June 9, 1993 at the home of Dr. James and Sandra Hendricks (1614 West Avenue in Marquette, MI). Sandra Doubledee led a discussion on faculty mentoring. The club was an informal discussion group organized by Dr. Michael Marsden, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. The club ended in 1997 due to a lack of interest and members.
1 box (Small metal edge book.)
Language of Materials
- Articles. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marsden, Michael T.
- Memorandums. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University. Transcendental Club
- Student activities. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcendentalism. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcendental Club records
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note