Rudi Prusok papers
Collection — Box: 06-01-01
Scope and Contents note
This collection documents Dr. Rudi Prusok's professional career at Northern Michigan University. The bulk of the collection covers the 1980s and includes professional and personal correspondence, flyers, brochures, records of the Foreign Language Teachers Conference, course syllabi, faculty evaluation (1994), a copy of an article Prusok wrote about Thomas Mann, and a sabbatical leave proposal. Some of the personal correspondence discusses scheutzen rifles.
- 1977 - 1994
- Prusok, Rudi Albin (Person)
Language of Materials
Most of the materials are in English. However, some of the correspondence and notes are in German.
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Rudi Prusok papers, MSS-188, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Dr. Rudi Albin Prusok, born in 1934, received a degree in geology from Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania in 1957. He was a professor of German in the Department of Modern Languages at Northern Michigan University. He was, at one point, head of the Department as well as an advisor for the Fulbright Program. Prusok has written and published scholarly articles about Thomas Mann and rock outcrop description. He has personal interests in the "schuetzen movement," is a member of the Negaunee Rod and Gun Club (serving as the Newsletter Editor) as well as the American Single Shot Rifle Association, serving in the position of archivist for the arms library. Dr. Prusok retired from teaching at NMU in 1994.
0.5 Cubic Feet
This collection is arranged into six series: correspondence, newsletters, notes, publications, subject files, and syllabi. Most series have only a single folder, but publications and subject files are arranged alphabetically by title/topic.
Separated Materials note
A report for an Academic Program Review (1988) was removed from this collection in 1997 and is now located at the Department of Modern Languages, Northern Michigan University.
- Articles. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Brochures. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College teachers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teaching. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Curricula. Subject Source: Local sources
- Fliers (printed matter). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- German language. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- German literature. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mann, Thomas
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Modern Languages
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Records (documents). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schuetzen rifles. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Syllabi. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rudi Prusok papers
- Annika Peterson
- 16 August 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description