Peter White Land Company records
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains a record of property owned, rented, and sold by the Peter White Land Company, a business located in Marquette, Michigan. Included is information on assessed value, taxes paid, and a graphic depiction of lots sold. The record is divided by sections of the city of Marquette and the surrounding area. The collection also contains a folder of legal documents chattel mortgage (1876) between the Peter White Land Company and Joseph L'Huillier, including a detailed inventory of items and assets on the property.
- Majority of material found within 1915 - 1932
- Peter White Land Company (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Peter White Land Company records, MSS-052, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
1 Cubic Feet
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Professor Jim McCommons donated this collection to the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives in 2016.
- Chattel mortgages. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- L'Huillier, Joseph
- Land use. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal documents. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Marquette County (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Peter White Land Company
- Property records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Real property. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Peter White Land Company records
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description