Lewis Peters papers
Collection — Box: 25-04-06
Scope and Contents note
The collection includes scattered minutes of the Biology Department; correspondence largely relating to Peters' research on the fish tapeworm, Diphyllobothrium latum; materials regarding attempts to establish an Institute for Indian Education at Northern; materials of and relating to Luther West, a former Biology faculty member at Northern best known for his research on the housefly; and a publication written by Peters on preveterinary curricular opportunities at Northern.
- 1961 - 1991
- Peters, Lewis Ernest (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from, MSS-314, Lewis Peters papers, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
This collection contains scattered papers of Dr. Lewis E. Peters, a Northern Michigan University Biology Department faculty member. Peters joined the Northern faculty in 1961 and served as Biology Department head from 1970-1975.
.25 Cubic Feet
Other Finding Aids note
This collection was formerly Univ Series-021. It was changed to MSS-314, necessitating the creation of a new finding aid.
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Curricula. Subject Source: Local sources
- Education, Higher. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indians of North America. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (administrative records). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University. Department of Biology
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Tapeworms. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- West, Luther S. (Luther Shirley)
- Lewis Peters papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description