Amnesty International, NMU Chapter records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of correspondence, meeting minutes, program and speaker flyers, news clippings, and miscellaneous materials of the Northern Michigan University chapter of Amnesty International, an international human rights organization primarily concerned with freeing political prisoners through letter writing campaigns. The collection also contains correspondence, news clippings, notes, and petitions relating to the release of John Pierce, an NMU student jailed in Peru in 1981.
- 1980 - 1987
- Amnesty International. Northern Michigan University Chapter (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Amnesty International NMU Chapter records, MSS-332, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Audio component of the collection became part of the NMU/Area Audio Collection.
This collection was formerly Univ Series-053. When it became MSS-332, a new finding aid was created.
- Human rights. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Political participation. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Student activities. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Amnesty International, NMU Chapter records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- 7/29/2014: Annika Peterson