Henry A. Tape papers
Scope and Contents note
The collection consists of correspondence, news articles, a scrapbook, and yearbook clippings largely relating to Henry Tape's birthday in 1954 and his retirement in 1956.
Processed June 1996
- 1945 - 1957
- Tape, Henry A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Henry A. Tape papers, MSS-325, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Henry A. Tape received his Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1937. He was a school superintendent and Assistant Director of Training at Eastern Michigan University before coming to Northern Michigan University (then Northern State Teachers College) as its president. During his presidency (1940-1956), the school changed its name to Northern Michigan College of Education.
.25 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
This collection was formerly Univ Series-120. When it became MSS-325, a new finding aid was created.
- Articles. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- College presidents. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan College of Education.
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University. President
- Northern Michigan administration. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- School yearbooks. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Henry A. Tape papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note