Philip Legler papers
Scope and Contents note
This collection documents the career of former Northern Michigan University English professor and poet Philip Legler. It includes his published poetry and an unpublished manuscript as well as news articles and miscellaneous materials.
Processed June 1996
- 1960 - 1989
- Legler, Philip (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Philip Legler papers, MSS-327, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Philip Legler was born in 1928 in Dayton, Ohio. He graduated from Denison University in 1950 and received an MFA from the State University of Iowa in 1953. He taught at Ohio University, Illinois Wesleyan, and Sweet Briar College before coming to the Northern Michigan University Department of English in 1968. Legler died in 1992.
.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
This collection was formerly Univ Series-124. When it became MSS-327, a new finding aid was created.
- Articles. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Authors, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teachers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- English literature. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts (document genre). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Poetry. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poets. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Philip Legler papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives Repository
Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette 49855 United States