C.V. Money Naming Committee records
Collection — Box: 26-04-01
Scope and Contents Note
This collection consists of records dating from 1927 to 1955 of the C.V. Money Naming Committee. The collection contains mostly correspondence and a list of committee members.
- C.V. Money Naming Committee (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the C.V. Money Naming Committee records, MSS-099, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
The C.V. Money Naming Committee was a group of Northern Michigan University (NMU) alumni, NMU staff, and other Marquette community members and had the goal of convincing the NMU Administration to name the Physical Education and Instructional Facility (PEIF) on campus after C.V. "Red" Money, former director of Athletics at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. The group was unsuccessful in their efforts.
Language of Materials
- C.V. Money Naming Committee
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Membership lists. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Money, C.V. "Red"
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University. Physical Education and Instructional Facility
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) Subject Source: Local sources
- Physical education facilities. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- C.V. Money Naming Committee records
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note