Anelio Frances Turbessi papers
Collection — Box: 26-07-04
Scope and Contents note
This collection consists of a single folder. Most of it is immigration and naturalization materials for Anelio Frances Turbessi and his wife. Much of this material is in Italian. There is also a high school commencement program for an Anelio A. Turbessi from 1934 (Anelio F. Turbessi's son?) and a letter from "Walter" to Anelio F. Turbessi after the death of his father.
- Turbessi, Anelio Frances (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Anelio Frances Turbessi papers, MSS-003, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Anelio Frances Turbessi was born on February 21, 1914 to Luigi and (Gentilini) Palma in Sassoferrato, Italy, the youngest of three children. Luigi and Palma moved their family from Italy to Iron Mountain, Michigan in 1922. Anelio became a United States citizen on June 5, 1945. He died on November 18, 2004 in Marquette, Michigan.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Dr. Russell Magnaghi of Marquette, Michigan donated this collection in 1992.
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ellis Island Immigration Station (N.Y. and N.J.)
- Emigration and immigration. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Immigration Records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Anelio Frances Turbessi papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description