Roscoe C. Young autobiography
Collection — Box: 08-06-01
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains the autobiography of Roscoe Cyprian Young, including his life in Blue Earth, Minnesota; Beaver Dam, Wisconsin; and Escanaba and Marquette, Michigan. Of special interest is his account of life and work in the late nineteenth century, including working for civil engineer S. H. Selden, his work on the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad beginning in 1883, and the building of the railroad across the Upper Peninsula and points south and west. Included after receipt of the documents are census records and Pedigree Resource File records used to verify some of the information in the autobiography.
- Young, Roscoe C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Roscoe C. Young autobiography, MSS-130, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Jean Brown of the Alger County Historical Society in Munising, Michigan, gave this autobiography to the Archives. Ms. Brown did not have any information on the provenance.
- Autobiographies. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Census Records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Chicago and North Western Railway Company
- Railroad employees. Subject Source: Local sources
- Railroads. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Roscoe C. Young autobiography
- Robin Kennedy and Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description