David Spelgatti letters
Collection — Box: 15-05-02
Scope and Contents Note
This collection is comprised of letters between David Spelgatti and friends in Italy. The letters are in Italian with English translation. In his letters, Spelgatti comments on the Catholic religious practices in Ishpeming. There are letters dated from 1981, 1992, and 2000. A list of the members of the Societa M.S. Lomarda Veneta in Negaunee, Michigan, dated 1959, is also included in the collection.
- 1958 - 2000
- Spelgatti, David (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the David Spelgatti letters, MSS-150, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
David Spelgatti was the monsignor at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church in Ishpeming, Michigan. Msgr. Spelgatti served the parish from June 1958 until his retirement in July 1991. Msgr. Spelgatti helped start the Paisano Club of the Upper Peninsula. He also helped Dr. Russell Magnaghi with the Italian Oral History Project and has an interview included in that collection.
Language of Materials
Arranged by subject.
- Catholic Church. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Ishpeming (Mich.)
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fraternal organizations. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ishpeming (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Societa M.S. Lomarda Veneta
- St. John the Evangelist Church (Ishpeming, Mich.)
- David Spelgatti letters
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note