Morgan Heights Tuberculosis Sanatorium records
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains photographs that documents the staff and patients at the Morgan Heights Sanatorium near Ishpeming, Michigan. The photographs are dated between 1930 and 1935.
- 1930 - 1935
- Morgan Heights Sanatorium (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
Rules adopted by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services based on MCL 399.810 restricts public access to patient records to 75 years following the patient's death. The researcher is required to present proof of death. For more information, please contact the University Archivist.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Morgan Heights Sanatorium photographs, MSS-151, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
The Morgan Heights Sanatorium was built in 1911 as the first tuberculosis sanatorium in the Upper Peninsula. The building was located in West Marquette County, near Ishpeming, Michigan. The name of the sanatorium was later changed to the "Acocks Medical Facility." O'Dovero Properties bought Morgan Heights for $120,000 in 1995. The former Morgan Heights hospital building was torn down in 2002.
Language of Materials
- Marquette County (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morgan Heights Sanatorium
- Nurses. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Patients. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Physicians. Subject Source: Fast
- Sanatoriums. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tuberculosis. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morgan Heights Tuberculosis Sanitarium records
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note