Rollie Thoren photographs
Collection — Box: 26-05-02
Scope and Contents Note
This collection consists of photographs of Rollie Thoren and his friends and family members in and around the Marquette, Michigan area. Also included in the collection are two different color photocopies of Thoren's "Poem of the Day" creations, which combine photographs and text. Some of the photographs have handwritten labels on the back. Some images appear to be of the J.D. Pierce School at the Northern State Teachers' College. The materials are all dated 1935.
- Thoren, Rollie (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Rollie Thoren photographs, MSS-152, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Rollin "Rollie" K.E. Thoren was born on May 11, 1910 in Negaunee, Michigan. He received an M.A. degree from the University of Michigan in 1934. Thoren served as a critics teacher and principle of the J.D. Pierce School and sixteen years as a professor in the Department of Biology at Northern Michigan University. He retired in 1974 and died on December 29, 2007.
- Biology. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teachers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan University. John D. Pierce Training School
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Poetry. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rollie Thoren photographs
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description