Women's campaign file collection
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains campaign material for various female candidates for regional and state political office between 1972 and 1995. The candidates represent both the Democratic and Republican parties. The material consists of campaign fliers, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and informational flyers. The more substantive files also contain contact information and donor information.
- 1972 - 1995
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Women's campaign file collection, MSS-007, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
This is an artificial collection compiled by the Northern Michigan University Archivist. The materials in this collection were used in a series of exhibits sponsored by the NMU Commission for Women during March 1995 Women's History Month.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 gray, metal edge box)
Language of Materials
Arranged alphabetically by candidate's name.
- Articles. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Democratic Party (Mich.)
- Fliers (printed matter). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Political campaigns. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Politics and government. Subject Source: Fast
- Republican Party (Mich.)
- Upper Peninsula (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Political activity. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women political candidates. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women's campaign file collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives Repository
Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette 49855 United States