George Tomasi papers
Scope and Content
This collection contains the memorabilia of George W. Tomasi. It includes photographs, papers, and articles relating to the "Barracks Boys," as well as Northern Michigan University athletics. Also included are family photographs and Hermansville High School memorabillia including a basketball program and class picture from 1952.
- 1951 - 2004
- Tomasi, George W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the George Tomasi papers, MSS-170, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
George Tomasi attended Hermansville High School in Hermansville, Michigan, where he played on the basketball team. He was one of the original "Barracks Boys," a group of sixteen men given scholarships in 1952 by athletic director and coach C.V. Money to attend Northern Michigan University as a part of the G.I. Bill following World War II. Tomasi graduated from NMU in 1956 with a degree in business administration. Tomasi and his wife Bettey have nine children and taught SCUBA lessons through NMU's continuing education program for many years. He worked at NMU for 23 years before his retirement.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged into four series: Correspondence, Memorabilia, Photographs, and Press Clippings. Each series is then arranged alphabetically.
- Articles. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Basketball. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College sports. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hermansville High School (Hermansville, Mich.)
- Memorabilia. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Money, C.V. "Red"
- Northern Michigan College of Education period (1941-1955) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan College of Education.
- Northern Michigan College period (1955-1963) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan College.
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- School sports. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Servicemen's Readjustment Act of 1944
- Veterans--Education. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- George Tomasi papers
- Annika Peterson
- 15 August 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives Repository
Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette 49855 United States