Judith Bailey papers
Scope and Content
This collection is composed of the papers of Judith Bailey, who was the president of Northern Michigan University from 1998 to 2003. Her papers are primarily centered around her hiring and include related articles, press releases, and correspondence, dating from 1997 to 2003. Other materials include statistics about NMU enrollment, costs and productivity during her time as president.
- 1997 - 2003
- Bailey, Judith G. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Judith Bailey papers, MSS-174, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Judith Bailey served as president of Northern Michigan University from 1997 to 2003. Prior to assuming the presidency at NMU, Bailey was Vice President of Academic Affairs and Provost at the University of Maine as well as Vice President for Research and Public Service and Director of Cooperative Extension Service. Previously, she served in leadership roles in the Office of Extension Service of the University of the District of Columbia and the University of Maryland. She also has taught at George Mason University and the University of Maryland, and has most recently served in administrative roles at Western Michigan University and Eastern Carolina University.
A native of North Carolina, Bailey earned a bachelor's degree in English from Coker Collegein Hartsville, SC. That school honored her in 1998 with its Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award. She earned her master's and Ed.D. degrees from Virginia Tech in 1973 and 1976, respectively, and in 2005, she received Virginia Tech's Graduate Alumni Achievement Award. She also attended Harvard University's Institute for Educational Management in 1994 and took part in the institute's 1996 alumni seminar.
Biography source: Wikipedia.
.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
- Articles. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Educational leadership. Subject Source: Fast
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University. President
- Northern Michigan administration. Subject Source: Local sources
- Press releases. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women college presidents. Subject Source: Fast
- Judith Bailey papers
- Annika Peterson
- 24 August 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives Repository
Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette 49855 United States