Helen and Ebba Eklund papers
Scope and Contents note
This manuscript collection contains the memorabilia of Helen and Ebba Eklund and their time at Northern, spanning from 1925 until 1941. It is comprised mainly of documents and papers for Sorority events, Rush day and other college-related social events. The collection also contains lists of the college courses and copies of Northern newspapers from 1925-27 and 1934-38.
- Majority of material found within 1925 - 1938
- Eklund, Helen (Person)
- Eklund, Ebba (Person)
Conditions Governing Acess note
Permission to publish material from the Helen and Ebba Eklund papers can be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Conditions Governing Use note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Ebba Eklund attended Northern State Normal College and graduated in 1927. This collection contains some of her memorabilia from her involvement in various campus activities and events, mainly as a member of the Phi Kappa Nu Sorority. Her sister, Helen Eklund, also attended the university in 1935 and graduated in 1938, which was then known as Northern State Teachers College. Like her sister, Helen was involved with many events on campus including Rush Day and Phi Kappa Nu Sorority.
0.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
This collection is ordered by subject in the following record series:
Record Series 1: Social Events, 2 folders
Record Series 2: Student papers, 1 folder
Record Series 3: Greek Societies, 1 folder
Record Series 4: Northern News, 2 folders
Record Series 5: 2 volumes of Yearbooks 1926-1927
Custodial History note
The Helen and Ebba Eklund papers were donated to the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives by Bill Bennett. The University Archives retains all rights to this collection as stated in correspondence with the donor. This collection was processed and the Finding Aid completed by Archives Student Assistant Morgan Paavola in May 2014.
Separated Materials note
A Northern State Teachers College banner has been sent to the Beaumier Heritage Center.
- College student newspapers and periodicals. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Course catalogs. Subject Source: Local sources
- Documents. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Eklund, Ebba
- Eklund, Helen
- Greek letter societies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorabilia. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newspapers. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.).
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern State Teachers College (Mich.).
- Northern State Teachers College period (1927-1941) Subject Source: Local sources
- Periodicals. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Phi Kappa Nu Sorority
- Student activities. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women college students. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bennett, Bill (Person)
- Helen and Ebba Eklund papers
- Morgan Paavola
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives Repository
Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette 49855 United States