Frances Hallfrisch scrapbook
Scope and Contents
This collection contains the scrapbook of Frances Hallfrisch. The materials are from 1924-1925 and showcase the people, events, and activities from Frances' time at Northern State Normal School (now Northern Michigan University) in Marquette, Michigan. The scrapbook was disassembled for preservation purposes, but there are photographs of the scrapbook before it was disassembled and photocopies of the pages before being disasembled. The pages contain: an index with various peoples' names; newspaper and magazine clippings about sororities and other campus related events like Rush Day, June 6, 1924; notes about a play, including some of the script on a note card; images of small crafts that were made from paper napkins; and a card announcing the marriage of Florence Secard to Harry Green in 1926 in Merrill, Wisconsin.
- 1924 - 1925
- Hallfrisch, Frances (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from the Frances Hallfrisch scrapbook, MSS-306, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Frances Hallfrisch was born on July 28, 1902 and was a student at the Northern State Normal School during the 1920's. She died at the age of 95 on June 28, 1998.
This information was found on http://crestleaf.com/p/50baa0ee651a69e4d411a1ce/frances-c-hallfrisch.
Language of Materials
Scrapbook pages maintained in original order.
- Greek letter societies. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hallfrisch, Frances
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.).
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbooks. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Student activities. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women college students. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frances Hallfrisch scrapbook
- Anne Krohn
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note