Upper Peninsula Writing Project (UPWP) records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of the published works generated by the Upper Peninsula Writing Project from 1993 to 2009. There are three serial publications: "True North," "Yoopers: voices, visions, and verse," and "voices, visions, and verse" which are arranged within the individual series chronologically. The remaining publications represent the annual compilation of writings by participants in the UPWP workshops and are arranged chronologically.
- 1993 - 2009
- Upper Peninsula Writing Project (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from MSS-309, Upper Peninsula Writing Project (UPWP) records, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
The Upper Peninsula Writing Project (UPWP), a university-based organization of, by and for teachers of writing at all grade levels and in all disciplines, was established in 1978. It was then reorganized in 1996 on the campus of Northern Michigan University and serves as a site for the National Writing Project (NWP). The UPWP is committed to improving writing skills and learning in the nation's schools and provides instructional leadership along with professional development for teachers of writing. The UPWP has sponsored many writing camps, events, and institutes, such as the Annual UPWP Summer Insitutes, the 2008 UPWP Annual Retreat, and Marquette-Alger Young Authors. (The information in this note was compiled from information retrieved from the NMU UPWP website (http://www.nmu.edu/upwp) and materials contained within the collection.)
1 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged by publication where more than one issue exists and then these issues are arranged chronologically. Publications with a single issue are arranged chronologically.
- Creative writing. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan University
- Publications (document genre). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Teachers -- Training of. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- True north (Marquette, Mich.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Upper Peninsula Writing Project
- Voices, visions, and verse. Subject Source: Local sources
- Yoopers: voices, visions, and verse. Subject Source: Local sources
- Upper Peninsula Writing Project (UPWP) records
- Glenda K. Ward
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note