Elyssa Sanner papers
Scope and Contents
These papers consist of evaluations of Elyssa Sanner as well as her evaluations of student interns and co-workers, subject files for projects that she was involved in, and notes for two lectures that she gave. Subject files include meeting minutes and notes for Academic Information Services committees and the Honors Program Board, correspondence and notes regarding Archives metadata and grant applications, notes regarding projects in the library dealing with Digital Commons, Early English Books, the Vertical File, Voyager GDC, and collection weeding. Several files also deal with liaison meetings with professors and notes for what to cover in presentations to classes about library resources that might be helpful for a certain course or major.
A flash drive contains digital files related to all topics covered in the paper documents as well as files about switching from the database Archivists' Toolkit to Archives Space, files about various grants that Academic Information Services applied for, various AIS committee meeting minutes, and statistics regarding the amount of cataloging and metadata done each month.
All evaluation records are restricted. See "Conditions Governing Access" for more information.
- 2011 - 2014
Conditions Governing Access
Series I, Personnel Files, is restricted from public access as it contains evaluations. Please contact the University Archivist for more information. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from the Elyssa Sanner papers, MSS-343, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com.
Biographical / Historical
Elyssa Sanner was the Metadata and Cataloging Services Librarian at Lydia Olson Library from 2011 to 2014. Her time was split between the library and the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives. Her responsibilities included dealing with MARC records, OCLC records, and EAD finding aids, guest lecturing in library courses, and aiding professors and departments in locating and buying resources for their courses. Elyssa served as the library liaison for the math, computer science, music, and economics departments.
Language of Materials
These materials were maintained in original order.
- Cataloging of archival materials. Subject Source: Fast
- Cataloging. Subject Source: Fast
- Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives
- Collection development (Libraries). Subject Source: Fast
- College teaching. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Gould, Elyssa
- Lecture notes. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Librarians. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lydia M. Olson Library
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Minutes (administrative records). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Performance evaluations. Subject Source: Local sources
- Promotion and tenure files. Subject Source: Local sources
- Research notes. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Statistics. Subject Source: Fast
- Elyssa Sanner papers
- Annika Peterson
- June 22, 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note