Ishpeming Pioneer Kiwanis Club records
Scope and Contents
This record contains meeting minutes, official Kiwanis reports, service projects, publications member lists and financial information. The records are from the year 1977 to 2014 with some gaps.
- 1977 - 2014
- Greater Ishpeming Pioneer Kiwanis (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from MSS-357, Greater Ishpeming Pioneer Kiwanis records, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Biographical / Historical
The Greater Ishpeming Pioneer Kiwanis was organized in 1977 as a less costly alternative to the Noon Kiwanis meeting. It was designed primarily for senior citizens and retirees. It meets in the afternoon and currently meets at Trinity Lutheran Church in Ishpeming, Michigan. The Pioneer Kiwanis logs many service hours each year and one of its ongoing service projects is building handicapped access ramps in the west end of Marquette County.
2 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Contents are arranged by subject and then by chronological order
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These records were donated by the Greater Ishpeming Pioneer Kiwanis to the archives in the winter of 2015.
The information is on loose papers, either handwritten or printed text.
- Clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Community organization. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Financial records. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ishpeming (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Membership lists. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Minutes (administrative records). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Senior citizens. Subject Source: Local sources
- Greater Ishpeming Pioneer Kiwanis records
- Karen Kasper
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note