Elizabeth Mather scrapbook
Collection — Box: 09-05-03
Scope and Contents
The collection was originally a black paperbound scrapbook, containing materials dating from 1923 to 1925. Ms. Mather collected programs of commencements, plays, and concerts. Also included are dance cards, letters of invitation, dance memorabilia, and an assortment of class instructions and teaching guides from Northern State Normal School for Fall 1924 and Spring 1925, and several photographs of of Ms. Mather's friends and classmates.
- 1923 to 1925
- Elizabeth Mather (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from MSS-361, Elizabeth Mather scrapbook, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
Biographical / Historical
Elizabeth "Betty" Mather graduated from Northern State Normal School (now Northern Michigan University) in 1925. Ms. Mather was a member of the French Club and the Forum Debating Society.
The materials in this collection have been maintained in original order as they appeared in the scrapbook. The individual pages were photocopied prior to deconstruction in order to show arrangement on the page.
This collection was previously identified as Univ Series-048. After the material was reassessed, it was reaccessioned and processed as a manuscript collection in May 2015.
- Elizabeth Mather
- Greeting Cards. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Invitations. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memorabilia. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan alumni/alumnae. Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.).
- Northern State Normal School period (1899-1927) Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Programs (documents). Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Student activities. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women college students. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Elizabeth Mather scrapbook
- Glenda K. Ward, Arrangement and Description Specialist
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description