Chiri family photographs
Scope and Contents Note
This collection documents Italian-American activities and culture in early twentieth century Negaunee, Michigan. Records include photographic portrait prints of Chiri family members, an Italian men's group (circa 1910), and the Italian Fraternal Mutual Aid Society (1912). The photographs date from 1910 to circa 1919.
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use note
Permission to publish material from the Chiri family photographs, MSS-084, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org. The University Archivist may also be reached in Room 126 of the Learning Resource Center, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI.
The Chiri family was part of a group of Italian immigrants who came to the Negaunee, Michigan area in the early twentieth century.
Language of Materials
Custodial History Note
Dominic Chiri of Negaunee, Michigan, gave these photographs to Dr. Russ Magnaghi of the Northern Michigan University Department of History. Mr. Chiri received the collection from his uncle, John Chiri, who is present in one of the photographs.
- Clubs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fraternal organizations. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Italian Americans. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Negaunee (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Chiri family photographs
- Marcus C. Robyns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note