Kaye House scrapbook
The Kaye Hall scrapbook was transferred to the Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives by Dan Truckey. The scrapbook includes photographs of Kaye House, John and June Jamrich's life there, and events they sponsored.
- 1968 - 1983
- Jamrich, June (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No restrictions. Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish material from MSS-240, Kaye House scrapbook, must be obtained from the University Archivist. The University Archivist may be reached by phone at 906-227-1225, or e-mail, email@example.com.
Biographical / Historical
Kaye House has been the name of the residence of the President of Northern since 1954. From 1954 to 1980, the house was located at 537 West Kaye Street. In 1980, a new "Kaye House" was built with university money at 1440 Center Street at the request of President John X. Jamrich. This scrapbook, created by Jamrich's wife June, depicts both the first and the second Kaye Houses. It documents the initial process of decorating the second house and contains materials on many events held at the second home for university guests and faculty.
Language of Materials
- College presidents' spouses. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College presidents. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jamrich, John X.
- Marquette (Mich.). Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Northern Michigan University
- Northern Michigan University period (1963-) Subject Source: Local sources
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye House
- Northern Michigan University. President
- Northern Michigan faculty and staff. Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbooks. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kaye House scrapbook
- Annika Peterson
- 23 September 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note